We are proud to be an inclusive school, where the needs of all learners and staff are at the heart of what we do. We are passionate about providing appropriate support, guidance and care for our learners, families and staff, and aim to include and guide them through the process of monitoring, identifying and supporting any Additional Learning Needs (ALN) in a Person Centred Approach.
We have included some important information on this page, but please feel free to contact us if you require any additional information in relation to Additional Learning Needs.
How Additional Learning Needs is changing.
Additional Learning Needs (ALN) Code for Wales:
SNAP Cymru provides free, independent information and advice for parents of children and young people with additional learning needs. SNAP Cymru promotes effective partnership working and recognises the importance of the active involvement of parents and young people in decisions about additional learning provision.
As holders of the Specialist Quality Mark (SQM) our service operates to the highest standards. Caseworkers receive high quality, independent legal training. They are passionate about helping people overcome barriers offering support and guidance that meets the needs of families.
The key objective is to intervene early to reduce the possibility of problems escalating, particularly through collaboration and partnership between the family, school and local authority.
SNAP Cymru: Description of service offered
- Support for children and young people with additional learning needs (0-25).
- Advice and support for parents and professionals through a helpline, leaflets, and on our website.
- Advice on legislation, local and national policy across Education, Health and Social Care, ALN assessment and provision, appeals and tribunals.
- Casework Support, Independent Advocacy, and Mediation facilitated by accredited mediators.
- Help for families to prepare for meetings; contribute to assessments and reviews; participate in decisions and explore options; challenge where necessary.
- Resolve disputes.
SNAP Cymru Opening hours and contact details
Monday – Friday 9.00am to 4.30pm (out of office appointments by arrangement).
Free helpline: 0808 801 0608